Service for the City of Alexandria and cities in Fairfax County include one 96 gallon trash container pickup twice a week and one recycling container pickup one time a week. Some cities have pickup once per week for both and are noted with service address selection.
Service for cities in Prince William County includes one 96 gallon trash container pickup twice a week and one recycling container pickup one time a week. Some cities have pickup once per week for both and are noted with service address selection.
REQUEST/START DATE: Your request date should be at least two weeks from the day you sign up for new services!
Each additional container, regardless of type, is a $6 per month fee.
Back door service is a $6 per month fee.
Start of Service date must be at least one week from today.
Terms and Conditions
- Contract is good for one (1) year in which your pricing is locked in at the quoted rate for one(1) year.
- Toters & Carts – All trash and recycling containers are provided by Bates Trucking. All discarded trash and recycling items must be placed in a Bates Trucking container. Extra trash and recycling containers are available at an additional fee per month. Trash and recycling containers remain the property of Bates Trucking and are provided to our customers for the duration of services. There will be a fee for any wheeled containers in need of repair or replacement due to negligence or misuse. Replacement rate is $50/per container.
- Pickup Items and Setout Requirements – We attempt to maintain the same scheduled service days unless otherwise noted (See Cancellations and Delays). It is difficult to duplicate pickup times due to uncontrollable circumstances that we may encounter day to day. To help ensure pickup, please have your trash and recycling staged and ready for pickup by 6 am on collection day or the night before.
- Cancellations and Delays – Cancellations and delays of services due to weather, disasters, acts of God, emergencies or uncontrollable circumstances will normally be collected the next day depending on the conditions and safety of our employees. For up to date information concerning delays and cancellations, please visit our website www.batestrucking.com or call our Customer Service Center at 301-773-2069. There will be no adjustment made to your bill for cancellations or delays.
- Payments – There is a $35.00 fee for all returned checks. Write your account number and service address on the check. Credit card and E-check payments can be processed through our website www.batestrucking.com with your account number and password (last four digits of your phone number). Mail all checks to P.O. Box 91, Bladensburg, MD 20710. Please mail all checks! Our route crews are not authorized to handle payments. No adjustments will be made to your bill without prior approval from the office of Bates Trucking.
- Rates and Changes – We will provide 30-day written notice in the event of a rate increase and it will become effective on the date stated in your notification. $35.00 fee for all returned checks, $50.00 minimum charge for special pickups (bulk items), up to $50.00 equipment collection and reconditioning fee when service is canceled prior to contract terms or customer has been placed on stop service due to non-payment. If the equipment is not recovered, or is lost or stolen, then the account will be charged $50/per container to cover the cost of our lost property. Refunds due will be processed within 60 days of cancellation.
- Yard Waste Policy – Bates Yard Waste Bags are required for service of yard waste (ie. grass clippings, leaves, flowers, shrub and tree limb clippings, etc). Yard Waste bags can only be purchased through Bates Trucking via www.batestrucking.com or call our Customer Service Center at 301-773-2069. Reminder: For safety reasons, yard waste placed out in Bates Trucking yard waste bags weighing in excess of 50 pounds and brush longer than 4 feet in length or 6 inch in diameter will not be picked up.
- Bates Will NOT Pick Up - Flammable products, construction material, auto parts, oil, paint cans, tires, animal carcasses, manure, tree stumps, dirt, stone, rock, brick, lead, acid/wet cell batteries, railroad ties, toxic materials, bio-hazardous materials or waste, propane/oxygen/helium tanks, items containing gas or oil, explosives, live ammunition or weapons, large amounts of animal waste, oversized brush, (longer than 4 feet in length or 6 inches in diameter), Bates Trucking containers or yard waste bags weighing more than 50 pounds or any items that cannot be safely loaded by our crews for removal or any items that may damage our hauling equipment.
- Scope of Responsibility - Bates Trucking will not be responsible for any items, large or small left within 10 feet of curb line. Bates is also not responsible for personal trash cans or lids (ONLY the Bates Trucking trash and recycling containers provided to you).
- Safety Considerations - Tying lids to the trash container may endanger our employees. Sharp objects, such as needles, broken glass, razor blades and knives should be placed inside of durable plastic bottles, sealed with tape, then placed in trash and marked accordingly. Since ashes remain hot for several days, store in a metal container outside of your house for a week prior to putting them out for pickup.
- Billing Statements - Invoices are generated and mailed out every three months and payment is due upon receipt. If services are interrupted due to delinquent status a $30.00 reinstatement fee will be assessed to your account.
- Holidays - We do not provide service on Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Christmas and New Years Day, to allow employees to spend time with their families. For up to date information concerning all Holiday schedules please visit our website www.batestrucking.com or call our Customer Service Center at 301-773-2069.
- Renewals - The customer will have to provide a 30 day notice before the end of the contract to Bates Trucking. If no notice is given in writing your trash and/or recycling contract will automatically renew under the same terms and conditions.
- BINDING EFFECT - This Agreement is a legally binding contract on the part of both Contractor and Customer and their respective heirs, successors and assigns, in accordance with the terms and conditions set out herein. In the event of a breach of this Agreement, the breaching party shall pay all reasonable attorney’s fees, collection fees and costs of the other party incidental to the activity that brought to enforce this Agreement.