Service for the City of Alexandria and cities in Fairfax County include one 96 gallon trash container pickup twice a week and one recycling container pickup one time a week. Some cities have pickup once per week for both and are noted with service address selection.
Service for cities in Prince William County includes one 96 gallon trash container pickup twice a week and one recycling container pickup one time a week. Some cities have pickup once per week for both and are noted with service address selection.
REQUEST/START DATE: Your request date should be at least one week from the day you sign up for new services!
Each additional container, regardless of type, is a $6 per month fee.
Back door service is a $6 per month fee.
Start of Service date must be at least one week from today.
Terms and Conditions
- Contract is good for one (1) year in which your pricing is locked in at the quoted rate for one(1) year.
- Toters & Carts – All trash and recycling containers are provided by Bates Trucking. All trash and recycling must be placed in a Bates Trucking container. Extra trash and recycling containers are available at an additional fee per month. Trash and recycling containers remain the property of Bates Trucking.
- Pickup Items and Setout Requirements – We attempt to maintain the same scheduled service days unless otherwise noted (See Cancellations and Delays). It is difficult to duplicate pickup times due to uncontrollable circumstances that we may encounter day to day. To help ensure pickup, please have your trash and recycling staged and ready for pickup by 5am on collection day or the night before. Reminder: For safety reasons trash placed out in bags weighing in excess of 50 pounds and brush longer than 4 feet in length or 6 inches in diameter will not be picked up.
- Cancellations and Delays – Cancellations and delays of services due to weather, disasters, acts of God, emergencies or uncontrollable circumstances will normally be collected the next day. For up to date information concerning delays and cancellations, please visit our website www.batestrucking.com or call our Customer Service Center at 301-773-2069. There will be no adjustment made to your bill for cancellations or delays. Bates Trucking requires a 30 day notice for all cancellation requests by customers in writing. Cancellation requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holidays – We do not provide service on Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Christmas and New Years Day, to allow employees to spend time with their families. For up to date information concerning all Holiday schedules please visit our website www.batestrucking.com or call our Customer Service Center at 301-773-2069.
- Payments – There is a $25.00 fee for all returned checks. Credit card payments can be processed through our website www.batestrucking.com with your account number and password (last four digits of your phone number).
- Rates and Changes – We will provide 30-day written notice in the event of a rate increase and it will become effective on the date stated in your notification. $50.00 minimum charge for special pickups (bulk items), up to $45.00 equipment collection and reconditioning fee when service is canceled prior to contract terms or customer has been placed on stop service due to non-payment. If the equipment is not recovered, or is lost or stolen, then the account will be charged $100 to cover the cost of our lost property. Refunds due will be processed within 60 days of cancellation.